Non-surgical lip augmentation with dermal fillers
While some people have naturally full, well-contoured lips from birth, others do not, and in many cases, lip volume decreases with age. The good news is that with the available variety of safe and effective lip augmentation techniques and with the help of a skilled cosmetic surgeon, achieving the appearance you desire is not impossible to achieve.
Lip augmentation, also known as lip fillers, lip enhancement, or lip injections, can alter the size and shape of your lips either temporarily or permanently.
Because your body produces less collagen protein as you get older, your lips grow thinner and less defined.
With lip augmentation, you may give your lips more fullness and definition for a more enticing, youthful appearance and defined smile. Additionally, it might assist in raising the corners of the mouth.
The treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural or fuller look.
Lip augmentation with dermal fillers is one of the most popular applications of soft tissue fillers.
What is lip filler?
Lip fillers, also known as lip augmentation, enhance your lips to give more volume, shape, and definition. This can reduce the appearance of fine lines, and give you fuller lips and a younger appearance.
The lip filler that most medical spas use is a dermal filler made from hyaluronic acid (HA), a natural product found in your body.
Hyaluronic acid gives our skin the elasticity and plumpness that gives our skin a youthful appearance. The fillers used are produced as a gel and do not contain animal or human products which means they are very safe to use and break down naturally over time.
Dermal lip filler for lip augmentation
Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Juvéderm, Volbella, and Restylane products, are popular non-surgical options, offering temporary lip enhancement at an affordable cost.
The term ‘lip filler’ is a popular buzzword, with many young people showing an increased interest in the procedure. Many women use lip fillers because they are a quick and easy way to make their lips fuller. Lip fillers may give lips a full, supple look and are both safe and highly effective.
Lip fillers are a simple, easy treatment that many women use to plump their lips. Lip fillers are safe, extremely effective and can provide a full, supple appearance. Dermal fillers are carefully and expertly injected into several points of the lips, then gently massaged in to provide smooth plumpness or a dramatic boost. The filler can also be injected around the lips to smooth away wrinkles.
While certain lip augmentation treatments may require anesthesia, customers receiving lip filler may just numb the region with a local anesthetic lotion. The effects of lip filler injections might endure for 12 to 18 months.
Benefits of dermal lip fillers
- The lip augmentation procedure takes only 15 to 30 minutes
- It improves the shape of your lips
- The lip augmentation gives your lips a more youthful look
- Lip augmentation increases or reduces the size of your lips to be more proportionate with your face
- It enhances your smile
- Little to no downtime is needed
- Improves your self-image and self-confidence
- Improvements are usually noticeable immediately after treatment
- Results are final within 2 weeks.
- The most common side effects include temporary swelling, bruising, or redness at the injection site.
- In a few days, any swelling or bruising should go away.
- You should be advised about what to do to help reduce the risk of side effects.
- This includes avoiding alcohol, caffeine, and the sun as well as not applying makeup immediately after the treatment.
Lip augmentation candidates
- For augmentation with injectables, there are very few requirements. Patients must only have realistic expectations and be in generally good health.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Certain autoimmune diseases (to be discussed with the doctor during the consultation)
- Interferon therapy, anticoagulants or high-dose aspirin
- Progressive skin infection or disease
- Aesthetic history: non-degradable products injected previously in the area to be treated.
Lip Augmentation FAQs
If you are in general good health and are unhappy with the size of your lips or wish to improve facial balance or harmony, you may be a candidate for lip augmentation.
Depending on the type of filler used, lip augmentation can take just a few minutes.
Thanks to modern techniques, the risks of lip augmentation are exceedingly rare.
One thing that is worth noting is that many patients notice a stiff feeling in the lips during the first few days after the procedure. After those first few days, the stiffness wears off.
Allergies to hyaluronic acid fillers are very rare. Skin’s fundamental building block is hyaluronic acid. It is quite unusual for someone to react to the filler itself because it is naturally present in our joints and connective tissue. Numbing ingredients are included in the filler itself and can be administered topically.
Patients will see their results immediately after the treatment. Some swelling is common at first but should resolve in a few days.
Many worry about needles piercing the delicate skin of their lips. While most patients wouldn’t describe lip injection treatments as comfortable, they find them very tolerable. The lip fillers often contain lidocaine for a more comfortable injection experience. The whole treatment takes just about 10 minutes.