12 Benefits of Dysport and Botox
Dysport and Botox are both prescription injectables that come from Botulinum toxin. They can both reduce the appearance of skin aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
Dysport and Botox are similar nonsurgical procedures with different features. They are neuromodulators, meaning they soften skin creases and reduce facial muscle contractions. They help smoothen the lines that appear as a result of smiling, frowning, or squinting.
Similarities and differences
Dysport and Botox are quite similar. Both come from botulinum toxin, a neurotoxic protein that is safe when used in small amounts. Although you can use Dysport and Botox for improving various medical conditions, their most popular use is to diminish wrinkles.
Both injectables are considered noninvasive and work by temporarily relaxing facial muscles. This stops the muscles from contracting and ultimately smooths the appearance of wrinkles. The differences between the two are rooted in their trace proteins and how they’re manufactured.
One of the main differences between Dysport and Botox is the areas in which they are approved for use. Dysport is primarily used for correcting glabellar lines, the frown lines between the eyebrows. Dysport is a great option for those who have moderate to severe frown lines.
Botox, on the other hand, can be used to treat many different types of wrinkles, including crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, and laugh lines. If you have mild to moderate wrinkles, Botox may be a better option for you.
Some people have experienced quicker results with Dysport, noticing a reduction in wrinkles in only 2-3 days. The results of Botox generally take around a week to appear, but both injectables reveal their peak results at around 2 weeks. When looking at how long the results last, both Botox and Dysport last around 3-4 months.
A single unit of Botox has about 3 times the potency of a unit of Dysport. This doesn’t mean that Botox works better, but rather that more Dysport is needed to achieve the same effect.
12 Benefits of Dysport and Botox
- Say bye wrinkles! Dysport/Botox injections reduce and can completely eliminate wrinkles created by dynamic frowning and squinting. Because all muscles are still slightly contracted in the state of relaxation, many men and women dislike that they look unhappy or angry at rest. Getting Dysport or Botox injections stop the frown muscles from contracting so a person does not have to have an angry resting look. Eliminating muscle tension in your forehead feels good. It can also be used for squinting muscles, such as crow’s feet, and the wrinkles that occur on the sides of the nose.
- Improves skin texture and reduces pore size. Dysport/Botox can be injected in microdoses into the skin to reduce pore size. This gives the skin a tighter and smoother glassy effect when combined with a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm.
- It feels good! Yes, you heard right. Getting a neuromodulator such as Dysport or Botox injected into your forehead dramatically reduces muscle tension. The frowning muscles are also used when you are feeling stressed and squinting in bright light. It is the reason that people who suffer from migraine headaches will get injected with these products.
- It helps reduce or eliminate the “resting unhappy face.” If your injector is highly experienced with many years of advanced injecting and is a true professional, they will know how to inject the muscles that pull down on the sides of your mouth. Chin dimpling called the orange peel chin, can also be injected to soften and smooth the skin.
- Get a smoother-looking neck. Dysport and Botox can also be injected to smooth out the neck muscle bands that protrude as we age. These are also known as platysma muscles. It creates a softer, smoother, more youthful look.
- It can prevent wrinkles from forming! If you are in your 20s or 30s, you can prevent dynamic wrinkles from forming by getting injections before they start etching into your skin.
- Help reduce sweating. Do you suffer from excessive sweating or Hyperhidrosis? Botox or Dysport can help with that too! When treated under the arms, it has been shown to decrease sweating by up to 82-87%. Botox and Dysport work by actually blocking nerve activities that contribute to sweat gland production.
It subsequently prevents these glands from producing sweat! This treatment will not completely block off the glands, so some sweat will still permeate the area. However, it has been shown to cut excessive sweating in half for 95% of clients, and even more for some!
- Safest and most popular aesthetic treatment. Botox and Dysport are one of the safest and most popular aesthetic treatments around. Long-term study results have shown that Botox and Dysport resulted in no side effects for 99% of participating patients. Allergic reactions and side effects are extremely rare when it comes to Botox.
The only side effects that were reported were temporary and considered to be minor, such as headaches and bruising. Swelling is typically reported to last only 15-30 minutes post-procedure.
- Gives those brows a little lift. Botox and Dysport can accomplish many of the same things as a surgical brow lift! Brow lifts are surgical in nature. In other words, they involve an incision. A Botox or Dysport brow lift can benefit the brow area and target areas of the face in such a way as to simulate the overall effect of a surgical brow lift!
These injectables are used to relax certain muscles around the eyes. These muscles, which are responsible for raising and lowering the eyebrows, often pull the brow downward. When they are weakened, so is this pulling effect on the brow. Basically, instead of manually raising the brow, as with a brow lift, Botox and Dysport simply counter those muscles that work to keep it down.
- Provides long-term results. If lines are treated with Botox or Dysport on a regular basis, they tend to remain more superficial.
The longer you are treated, the longer your results will last! Studies have shown that after two years of denervation, muscles atrophy; which means they get smaller and weaker. This means that if the muscles that are causing your lines are continuously treated with Botox or Dysport for two years, they will atrophy and not be as likely to create wrinkles!
- Virtually painless This is one of the quickest and easiest treatments offered. We don’t even numb the area for these treatments, because none is needed! The needle used for Botox and Dysport is much thinner than the average needle such as those used to draw blood, or for Dermal Filler injections.
Many patients get Botox or Dysport treatments before work, during their lunch hour, or after work and return to their normal routine with no symptoms of having been treated!
- Botox is for (almost) everyone! Botox is not just for people with wrinkles anymore! Anyone who shows signs of aging has migraine headaches or experiences excessive sweating is a good candidate for Botox.
There are other things to consider before getting Botox or Dysport injections. Do not get injections if you are pregnant or nursing. Dysport lasts a bit longer, smooths better, and starts working quicker. Both Dysport and Botox last about 3.5 to 4 months in the face (three times per year) and nine to 12 months when injected for hyperhidrosis.